Who should attend
Professionals who implement SAN solutions that use NetApp storage systems.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define and Describe SANs using iSCSI, FC, FCoE and NVMe protocols
- Discuss FC switch fabric, LUN masking and zoning
- Create and configure Storage Virtual Machines to use FC and iSCSI protocols
- Configure Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX, and NetApp Data ONTAP systems for iSCSI connectivity
- Configure Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESX, and NetApp Data ONTAP systems for FC connectivity
- Create and access a LUN from Windows Server and Red Hat Server
- Troubleshoot SAN connectivity issues
In this course you will learn the installation process for ONTAP 9 Data Management Software for a SAN environment. The course provides information about block-level protocols, including FC, FCoE, NVMe, and iSCSI, on Microsoft Windows Server, Linux and VMware ESXi host operating systems. The learning will be reinforced through hands-on guided labs. The course materials include a lab workbook that will serve as an on-the-job reference guide.