You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment in their datacenters.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
- Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified OpenShift Administrator Exam (EX280)
- Learn OpenShift cluster features, architecture, and sizing.
- Investigate OpenShift cluster installation methods.
- Configure storage providers and storage classes.
- Manage OpenShift certificates.
- Configure GlusterFS container-native storage.
- Diagnose cluster health.
- Scale OpenShift clusters.
- Manage OpenShift resources.
Design a highly available cluster
Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
Prepare to install an HA cluster
Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates
Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Build an HA cluster
Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
Provision persistent storage
Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Enable log aggregation
Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
Maintain an OpenShift cluster
Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage system resources
Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers
Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure networking options
Configure various advanced networking features and options.