- Fast Lane
- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane IT Workshops
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Professional Services»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Cisco Systems»
- Google Cloud»
- What's New
- Microsoft Training
- Microsoft Certifications
- Microsoft E-Learning
- Upcoming Microsoft Courses
- Microsoft Professional Services
- Cloud Professional Services
- Redeem Microsoft SATVs
- Featured Topics
- AI Business School
- Learning as a Service
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft OpenHacks
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Microsoft Security, Compliance & Identity
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
- IT & Project Management»
Red Hat System Administration I
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux® system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. This curriculum also provides a foundation for students planning to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
Who should attend
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This course introduces key command line concepts and enterprise-level tools, laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The curriculum also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with other existing environments.
This offering lays the foundation for secure user and group administration, and develops skills that allow administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely. This course is the first of a two-part series that turns a computer professional who knows nothing about Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux administration tasks, including installation, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and basic security administration.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Access the command line
- Manage files from command line
- Create, view, and edit text files
- Manage local users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services and daemons
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages
- Access Linux file systems
- Manage Linux networking
Follow On Courses
- Introduction to the command line
- Managing physical storage
- Install and configure software components and services
- Establish network connections and control firewall restrictions
- Monitor and manage running processes
- Manage and secure files and file systems
- Administer users and groups
- Review the system log files and journal for issues
- Troubleshoot problems and analyze systems with Red Hat Insights
- Remotely manage systems with SSH and the Web Console
Get started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Describe and define open source, Linux distributions, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Access the command line
Log into a Linux system and run simple commands using the shell.
Manage files from the command line
Copy, move, create, delete, and organize files while working from the bash shell.
Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Resolve problems by using local help systems.
Create, view, and edit text files
Manage text files from command output or in a text editor.
Manage local users and groups
Create, manage, and delete local users and groups, as well as administer local password policies.
Control access to files
Set Linux file system permissions on files and interpret the security effects of different permission settings.
Monitor and manage Linux processes
Evaluate and control processes running on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
Control services and daemons
Control and monitor network services and system daemons using systemd.
Configure and secure SSH
Configure secure command line service on remote systems, using OpenSSH.
Analyze and store logs
Locate and accurately interpret logs of system events for troubleshooting purposes.
Configure network interfaces and settings on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
Archive and transfer files
Archive and copy files from one system to another.
Install and update software
Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and yum package repositories.
Access Linux files systems
Access, inspect, and use existing file systems on storage attached to a Linux server.
Analyze servers and get support
Investigate and resolve issues in the web-based management interface, getting support from Red Hat to help solve problems.
Review the content covered in this course by completing hands-on exercises.
E-Learning Red Hat Online Learning (RHOL)
Price (excl. tax)
- US$ 2,720.—
Subscription duration: 90 days