The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) tests the knowledge, skills, and ability to create, configure, and manage a cloud application platform using Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
This exam is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.10.
Note on the exam:
The subscription duration of 365 days starts upon order submission. Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
- System and Software Architects who need an understanding of the features and functionality of an OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
- System Administrators who need to support the initial establishment of an OpenShift cluster.
- Cluster Operators who need to support ongoing maintenance of an OpenShift cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers who need to support the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of an OpenShift cluster.
- System administrators who want to demonstrate their OpenShift Container Platform skills
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) who wish to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- System administrators or developers who are working in a DevOps environment using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Red Hat OpenShift Administration I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) to help prepare for this exam. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience and skills
- Take the Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) course or have comparable work experience using OpenShift Container Platform
- Review the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) objectives
Manage OpenShift Container Platform
- Use the command-line interface to manage and configure an OpenShift cluster
- Use the web console to manage and configure an OpenShift cluster
- Create and delete projects
- Import, export, and configure Kubernetes resources
- Examine resources and cluster status
- View logs
- Monitor cluster events and alerts
- Troubleshoot common cluster events and alerts
- Use product documentation
Manage users and policies
- Configure the HTPasswd identity provider for authentication
- Create and delete users
- Modify user passwords
- Modify user and group permissions
- Create and manage groups
Control access to resources
- Define role-based access controls
- Apply permissions to users
- Create and apply secrets to manage sensitive information
- Create service accounts and apply permissions using security context constraints
Configure networking components
- Troubleshoot software defined networking
- Create and edit external routes
- Control cluster network ingress
- Create a self signed certificate
- Secure routes using TLS certificates
Configure pod scheduling
- Limit resource usage
- Scale applications to meet increased demand
- Control pod placement across cluster nodes
Configure cluster scaling
- Manually control the number of cluster workers
- Automatically scale the number of cluster workers
Follow On Courses
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of skills and knowledge required to configure and manage Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will perform the configuration and administrative tasks necessary to deploy Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.