An IT professional who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Configuration Management has demonstrated the skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to automate configuration management with Puppet, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, and Red Hat Satellite 6.
An IT professional who is a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Configuration Management is capable of performing these tasks:
- Install and configure Puppet.
- Create and maintain Puppet manifests.
- Create Puppet modules.
- Use facter to obtain system information.
- Work with Git repositories.
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.
These audiences may be interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Configuration Management:
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Experienced Linux systems administrators responsible for implementing DevOps practices
- An Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) interested in becoming a Red Hat Certified Specialist or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).