AWS Training and Certification is hosting a beta for the new AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam. This exam enables individuals with an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud to validate their knowledge with an industry-recognized credential. It provides individuals in a larger variety of cloud and technology roles with a way to validate their AWS Cloud knowledge and enhance their professional credibility. This exam covers four domains, including: cloud concepts, security, technology, and billing and pricing.
This beta is limited to individuals who have not previously taken an AWS Certification exam. This exam is designed for individuals in sales, marketing, finance, and legal roles. Candidates may be business analysts, project managers, chief experience officers, AWS Academy students, and other IT-related professionals. We recommend candidates have at least six months of AWS Cloud experience or equivalent training.
This exam validates an examinee's ability to:
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure;
- Describe the key services on the AWS Platform and their common use cases (e.g., compute, analytics, etc.);
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles;
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model;
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models;
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance (e.g., white papers, support tickets, etc.);
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition; and,
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud.
Recommended training for this certification